Setup and usage instructions for the FF6WC web based autotracker
The FF6WC Web Tracker is an autotracker in a web page. It uses QUsb2Snes as a bridge to query your emulator or hardware for the game state. It is designed to look similar to the Gated Character variant of the FF6WC EmoTracker pack. It should work for Windows, Mac, and Linux, though the instructions below assume Windows and the snes9x-rr emulator.
- Lua enabled device (emulator or hardware)
- Download QUsb2Snes
- Run QUsb2Snes
- Enable your device in QUsb2Snes
- Right click the QUsb2Snes tray icon (Near the clock in Windows)
- Select your device under the "Devices" sub-menu
- NOTE: This step may not be needed every time - QUsb2Snes will remember enabled devices.
- Open a Final Fantasy 6 Worlds Collide ROM on your device
- Connect your device to QUsb2Snes
Open the FF6 WC Web Tracker
Click the "Connect Autotracker" to connect the tracker page to your device.
If you see "Starting Autotracking.", then you have successfully connected the autotracker to your device
NOTE:You may get a popup from QUsb2Snes asking to confirm the connection. If you allow the connection and immediately disconnect, reconnect again. The initial connection may have timed out waiting on the dialog.
NOTE:If you click "Connect Autotracker" and nothing happens, make sure your adblocker isn't blocking the the autotracker script.
- If using a Lua enabled emulator, launch the QUsb2Snes luabridge.lua script
- In snes9x - File -> Lua Scripting -> New Luascript Window
- luabridge.lua will be located with the QUsb2Snes application
- NOTE: Do not close the Lua Script window. It can be safely minimized, but closing it will close terminate the connection.